Pages

Monday 20 August 2018

Museum Trip

Museum Trip
IALT: Reflect on what we did at our Museum Trip.
Today half of the Kia Manawanui syndicate went to the Museum. I was really excited to go to the Museum because we were going to do a new program. I was also excited because the first group that went said that we were going to draw using Virtual reality and making stop motion movies. We split into groups and half of us went to the Volcano Gallery while the other half stayed in the classroom. I got to stay in the classroom and our teachers Wendy and Angelic taught us how to use the different devices. We learnt how to use a Green Screen, Tinkercad, 3d paint, make a stop motion video, how to program a robot and how to draw in Virtual Reality.


 I enjoyed making a stop motion video because at the end it just looked like a recording instead of photos. I decided to use the mannequin for my stop motion video and I made it do a dance called Groove Jam which is a dance from Fortnite. Another thing I enjoyed was drawing with the Virtual Reality goggles because it was my first time doing virtual reality and it was awesome drawing things it the air. Lastly I enjoyed going to the Volcano room because they changed the new reporting video and they also made the house shake more.One thing that I found challenging was trying to make my mannequin move slowly because I kept on moving it a lot. Another thing that I found challenging was trying to connect the door handle to the door on Tinkercad because I had to edit it a lot of times.



I think that my next steps are to practice connecting things on Tinkercad using work planes so it can be easier for me. I also think that I might need to work on making the mannequin move a little bit at a time instead of making a big move. One thing that I would do differently next time would be making the Dash (The Robot) do more things like making it go around objects. I would also would want to take pictures using the green screen because me and Heavani didn't take any photos. 

Question: What is your favourite exhibit at the Auckland Museum?

No comments:

Post a Comment