Pages

Monday 26 March 2018

🏐 PE 🏐

WAL:How to play Volleyball 

Image result for volleyball net and ball clipart png

Today in the morning block like always we went out for our Kiwisport and PE time. Every Monday morning home group 1 went to Kiwisport which was Tennis and Home Group 2 went to Pe which was Volleyball. I was excited to play Volleyball because we're usually playing Cricket and since the Volleyball tournament is coming up, practicing will give us an extra step up for the tournament.

When we got started for Volleyball we started of by practicing how to shuffle sideways in case the ball comes into our area and no one can reach it. I didn't find this difficult at all but the only thing that I found quite challenging was going around and around in circles because I got dizzy. Then we started to learn how to hit the ball if it came around your area. We learnt how to Serve, Bump and Set which I found pretty cool because I didn't know that there was proper hits for volleyball. I only found serving quite hard because you need to use enough power to hit it over the net and you need to try and hit the ball so it will go straight. I found that bumping wasn't just putting your hands in a position and hitting that ball you actually need to hit it right otherwise is won't go the way you want it to go. One tip I can give for learning how to set the ball is if you put your hands on your hips and take them off without moving your fingers, your hands will be in the perfect position. Another Tip I can give is when you are trying to set the ball,  you don't hold it while pushing it upwards because it will be counted as a lift. Instead you give it a push upwards like a bounce.

Image result for volleyball set bump spike



No comments:

Post a Comment