Pages

Wednesday 14 June 2017

Maths Games

IALT:Play Multiplication games to help me get faster at answering.

Today at school around 10:30 we stopped finishing our work and then we got into 2 groups of 5 and 6 groups of 4.Then once we were in our groups we got an item of choice from the table with all our Maths equipment on it.My group chose the playing cards because we already had a game in our minds.Before we could play we went out for our Morning Tea break. When we came back inside we got back into our groups and Began to play our games.My group picked two games which was called Multiplication Mania and What's my number.We decided that it would be good to alternate between the two games because then we would practice the skill we had to practice which was Multiplication.One of the main reasons why we did this activity was to show the parents and family that came in what we learn and what the activities help us with.

To play Multiplication Mania you would need playing cards and 3 or more players.First you need to take out the Kings,Queens,Jacks,Jokers and the 13's if you have them or you could keep them in for a challenge.You pick one person to be the dealer and their job is to put two or more cards onto the Table or wherever you're sitting.Then the two other players have to say the answer in order to keep them as points. The game finishes when there is no more cards and the winner is the person with the most cards that you count in twos.I strongly believe that this is a very good game to play because it helps students by making them remember their Times Tables.

To play What's my number you would need playing cards and 2 or more players.You would need to follow the same first step like the game Multiplication Mania.Then you pass or get one card each without looking at the card and you place it on you head for you opponent to see. Then you draw out a card and place it on your table. Then you tell them the answer of the two cards multiplied by each other and the goal is to get the most cards at the end.

I enjoyed this activity because I had fun playing the games with my peers and I also had fun trying to figure out the answers before I was too late.One thing in the game that I found pretty challenging was trying to say the answer before Monita did because she always got them.Here is a photo and please leave me a comment if you didn't understand my work or I had mistakes.



No comments:

Post a Comment