Pages

Tuesday 23 May 2017

Maths

IALT: Show my work about Solving problems using all 4 operations.


Today I finished my maths work that I did with my buddies Losana and Demetrius since we were all in Number Ninja's.One challenge that we faced was trying to find our strategies to give evidence to our answer.I enjoyed this activity because I enjoy challenges and riddles.Here is my work I hope you enjoy reading it and please leave me a comment if I made a mistake.😀💬


Activity
  1. Ari was ordering 4 tickets for a concert .He multiplied the ticket price payed by four and added on the Booking Fee of $6.He got $70.How much did one ticket cost?
Answer: $14 because 6 x 4 = 24 and 24 - 70 = 56
56 ÷ 4 = 14 so one ticket is $14

2. Sam bought Three Identical watches.He paid a total of $90.The watch had a $5 discount.How much was each watch before the discount was taken off?
Answer:30 because the question says how much was each watch before the discount was taken off

3. Indira bought 85 meters of ribbon to sew around the bottom of the dance skirts.She used 13 m for her own skirt.
Six girls in her dance class shared the rest equally.
What length of ribbon did the each get?
Answer: 12 meters because 85 - 13 = 72  and 72 ÷ 6 equals 12. I took 13 away from the 85 because Indira used it which left us with 72.

4.  Petra works in a bakery.
It takes 26 minutes to make a batch of scone and 39 minutes to make 4 plates of filled rolls.How long will it take for Petra to make 4 batches of scones and 16 plates of filled rolls?
Answer: It will take Petra 104 minutes to make 4 batches of scones because if it takes her 26 minutes to make one you write 26 x 4 because you want 4 batches which equals 104.

It will take Petra 156 minutes to make 16 plates of because if she can make 4 plates of rolls in 39 minutes you multiply 39 by 4 because since 4 x 4 equals 16.Then you get the answer 156.

No comments:

Post a Comment