Pages

Wednesday 17 May 2017

Number Ninja's

IALT:Write about what I did in Maths

Today in class I worked with Losana today on our Number Ninja's follow up task.The Task were all about estimating how much we think things weigh.I found this activity pretty challenging because I wasn't really sure what I was going to estimate but with the help of Communication we found the answer in the end.Here is our work that we have finished and please leave a comment if I made a mistake.😀💬
Image result for ruler png


Follow Up Task - Number Ninjas

  • Mililitre
  • Metre
  • Kilogram
  • Centimetre
  • Milimetre
  • Gram
  • Ton

Which one of the units on the list would you use to measure these?
The time it takes to…

  • Bake a cake  - I think that I would use Grams because Gram is a common measurement of cooking that people would use.
  • Count to ten - I would prefer Centimetres to measure counting to 10 because, in my opinion centimetre is the shortest measurement I would prefer to use.
  • Eat an Ice Cream- I would use Gram instead of ton because a ton of ice cream would be heaps and people would mostly only eat 2 scoops of ice cream.
  • Cycle from Dunedin - Nelson - I would use metre to time this because it’s the furthest measurement I would use other than kilometre.
  • Check your emails - Centimetre because checking my emails doesn’t take long therefore centimetre is a small measurement.
  • Fly from Wellington - Auckland - Metre, because in my eyes out of all the options we have to choose I find that Metre is the biggest measurement out of them all.
  • Play 5 songs from a playlist- I would choose a meter because each song is like about 5 to 7 minutes long
  • Heal a broken bone - I would use a ton, to measure this because healing a bone does take a while, and therefore I find ton as a taking time of a measurement.
  • Blink 10 times - I think that I would use a Centimeter because it’s longer than a millimeter.
  • Grow a large tree - Ton, because it takes a while to grow a large tree, and especially weighing it could be harder than it sounds therefore I would prefer to use a ton to measure this.

Which is likely to be about 10m?

  1. Width of a car ✓
  2. The height of a tree
  3. The height of your classroom

Which is most likely to be about 5.5 mm?
  1. The length of a pen
  2. The thickness of a feather
  3. The thickness of a calendar ✓

Use the measurement to help answer these?
Which of these is likely to capacity of a large jug?
  1. 100ml ✓
  2. 300ml
  3. 10, 000 ml
  4. 2, 500 ml

Which of these is likely width of a large window?
  1. 30mm ✓
  2. 500mm
  3. 3, 250 mm
  4. 30, 980 mm

Which of these are likely the height of a horse?
  1. 1-7 m
  2. 4-5 m
  3. 0-8 m ✓
  4. 3-1 m

Which of these likely a weight of a giraffe?
  1. Half a ton
  2. 300 kgs
  3. 1 tonne ✓
  4. 5 tonne

3
The length of your longest  finger could be

  1. 7-3 cm ✓
  2. 33mm
  3. 8-5 mm
  4. 2-1cm
A Bag of chips could have a mass of about
  1. 2kg ✓
  2. 20g
  3. 200 g
  4. 800g

The time to read the page of a book might be
  1. 3 mins ✓
  2. 30 mins
  3. 3 days
  4. 3 hours

A medium sized car might weigh
  1. 10 kgs
  2. 100 kgs ✓
  3. 1000kgs
  4. 10 000 kgs

The time you would be at sports practice might be
  1. 1 hour ✓
  2. 15 mins
  3. 9 hours
  4. 5 mins

A small drink bottle might hold about
  1. 3.5 ml
  2. 30 ml
  3. 300 ml  ✓
  4. 3000 ml

4
Which number goes in the gap.. Choose the numbers listed below..
  • 2
  • 55
  • 11
  • 167
  • 1200
  • 140
  • 71
  • 300

Maias mother is 167 cm tall
An apple weighs 11 g
Grason’s drink bottle holds 140 ml
The length of Mr Tuckers arm is 71cm
The school mini bus weighs 2 tonne
The width of Recce’s tie is 140mm
The amount of flour needed for a cake is 300 g
The thickness of a laptop 11 mm

5
Write A,B or C for each item or a tick in your copy of the table

                                                     
10 g and 500 g
0-5 kg and 1-5 kg
1-5 and 5 kg

a
A pen
 ✓


b
A cup

 ✓

c
A large cat


 ✓
d
A ruler
 ✓


e
Litre of milk


 ✓
f
A Pumpkin

 ✓


No comments:

Post a Comment