Pages

Monday 15 May 2017

Kiwisport

WALT: Write about what happened at Kiwisport

This morning Room 9 walked downstairs to our basketball lesson with our instructors Peter and Hyrum.When we first got down stairs we got into buddies and we got a ball.I went with my buddy Akanesi to the line and the Peter started explaining how to do a chest pass.I didn't really find this activity challenging but the only challenge for me was trying not to think the ball would hit me in the face.The second pass we did was a Bounce Pass but luckily it wasn't that hard to catch.One tip that Hyrum and Peter gave us was to use our hands to form a diamond for our partner to target.The third pass was an Overhead Pass, it wasn't really that hard but the only problem was trying to use my energy and power to through the ball to my partner.After all the Passing drills the let us play a game called the Miami Drill.The game is played with 12 players and 5 people have to stand in a ZigZag pattern while the other 7 have to run and pass the ball to each person in the pattern.When we reach the end we have to perform a Layout and get it in the hoop before the other team does.The goal was was to beat the other team by getting 3 points.I did find this game pretty challenging because when I was trying the Layout I kept on missing.My team lost sadly and we had a punishment called a Suicide Run.A Suicide Run is pretty similar to a Shuttle run because you have to run to the first line and back, second line , and back and then the third line and back.Once we finished out Punishment we played a game called Ball Tag.Ball Tag is played with multiple people split into 2 groups with 1 of the groups as the taggers.The taggers have to pass to other people in their group and twist and turn to tag the other team with the ball.I found this game pretty fun because I had fun trying to catch and pass the ball to my team mates and also running away to make sure I wasn't Tagged.For this game we played it boys versus girls but sadly the boys kept on winning.I think that this sport is good for us because it's also a good experience for us because we get to learn new things.

Thank you for reading about what I did for Kiwisport please leave me a comment if I made a Mistake.


Image result for basketball

No comments:

Post a Comment