Pages

Thursday 4 May 2017

Anzac service

WALT:Write a reflection about the school Anzac service

Today Room 9 went down to the field for our annual Anzac assembly.When we got downstairs we sat at the back.First we sang the two national anthems and we stood in silence while Caleb played the bugle anzac anthem.After we stood in silence some of the classes started to present,put their wreath down and gave their respects to the names on the crosses.When it was Room 9's turn Me, Akanesi, Aumau and Sene went up to present.At first I was nervous while Akanesi was reading her poem but in the end I got the Courage to say my Poem that I made.When we were paying our respects I remembered that one of my Great Grandfathers was in the Fijian Royal Navy and that he was in World War 2.After we finished paying our respects we waited for the other classes to finish Presenting and paying their respects.Once everyone finished Presenting we got to pay our respects one last time before we went up to class.Personally I enjoyed the ceremony because I liked the way the classes designed their wreaths.Here is my poem that I created.

ANZAC Poem

Anzac day is a rather extraordinary day,
But it’s always misunderstood in one way,
People might think were happy that soldiers died,
But it’s a day we can remember,mourn and Cry,
The  day is marked April 25th,
But I know the soldiers that died aren’t a myth,
Canons were used in this war,
With guns and many more,
We need to remember the suffering of those who have served,
With Respect and Devotion which is well deserved,
They made their trenches so they can hide,
But sadly most of the soldiers have died,
Their medals shiny and bright like a gem,
With the Blow of the Trumpet we will remember them.

By Leilani

No comments:

Post a Comment