Pages

Monday 21 May 2018

Maths


Image result for maths

Maths

Greetings welcome back to my blog. Today we had a maths session with Mr Tafea. Mr Tafea was our reliever for the day. I really enjoyed this lesson because it was really easy. We had a word problem and the question was asking 832 ÷ 8. In my group I had Akih, Arizona and Kensington. We worked it out by splitting the number 832 into 800 and 32. We did this because we always split the number into the tidiest number in the 8 times tables, which was 800. Then we wrote down 32 because that was the remaining number. After that we did 800 ÷ 8 = 100 and then we did 32 ÷ 8 = 4. Then we did 100 + 4 = 104. That was how we got our answer of 104. I found that our strategy was easy and simple because we found the answer when we started discussing our strategy. One thing that I found quite challenging was trying to explain it to the class because I was kind of shy to talk in front of the class. I think that my next steps are to try and find another way to solve the equation because we had all had the same strategy. Over all I really enjoyed our maths lesson and I learnt something new as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment