Pages

Wednesday 16 May 2018

Tai Chi

Image result for tai chi

Today the girls went down to the Music room for our Tai Chi lesson with Mr Gordon. I was very excited to go to Tai Chi because I find Tai Chi very relaxing. When we down stairs we stood in our lines and then we started doing our Chi Gung which is our breathing exercises. Our breathing exercises are Drawing from the Earth, Monkey washes face, Breath of the Heart, Opening the Channels, Full body breathing and Drawing from the Sky. I really enjoyed these exercises because I felt very relaxed and calm. I didn't really find any of the movements challenging at all because I just went with the flow. Another thing that we did was our Tiger Form and our Crane form. I really enjoyed the Tiger form because it just stays in my head and I find it relaxing as well. One thing that I found quite challenging was doing the Crane form because I sometimes get it mixed up with the Tiger almost always.
Image result for tiger form tai chi
Then we all got our chairs and we started our sharing circle. In our sharing circle we share something positive, negative and a random act of kindness that we did in the week. Something positive that happened was I made Pancakes for my Mum, something negative was I keep of fighting with nephews and a random act of kindness was helping my Dad with the washing. I really enjoyed the sharing circle because I find it easy to share my feelings and thoughts. Once the sharing circle was finished we moved on to our Power word. Every week Mr Gordon shares our power word to help us with our work. Our power word is Communication and I think that communication is very important if you have a plan because you need to make sure that people are clear on the plan. I think that my next steps are to start communicate more with my peers so we can be on the same page most of the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment