Pages

Tuesday 15 May 2018

🏐 Volleyball 🏐

IALH: To Set the ball properly
Image result for volleyball setting

This Term our Kiwisport is Volleyball and we have it with our coach Alena. I was very excited to have our second lesson with our Coach because I don't really know how to play Volleyball properly. In our first lesson our coach taught us how to do a underarm serve and how to shuffle side to side. After our first lesson I was excited to go to the second lesson because I was actually having fun while learning. Yesterday our main focus in Kiwisport was how to Set the ball properly. I thought that setting the ball was just throwing the ball in the air but there is actually more to the move. One thing that I learnt was that you should make sure that you are setting the ball above your head so it gives the opportunity for your teammate to Spike the ball. Another thing that I learnt was to set the ball very well you should make sure your hands are above your head, Bend down to make your set go upwards and to extend your legs out and push the ball up or over the net. I really enjoyed this lesson because I never knew that setting wasn't just pushing a ball up. One thing that I found challenging was trying to set the ball straight because I accidentally set the ball to the wall instead of my partner. But I really enjoyed the Volleyball lesson because I learnt how to set the ball correctly. My next steps are to try and set the ball more straight and I can do this by practicing in my own time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment