Pages

Tuesday 21 August 2018

Museum Trip Day 2

Museum Trip Day 2
IALT: Reflect about our second Museum trip.
Today group 2 went to the Museum again. I was really excited because we were going to be working on our projects. Our project was to create a video or art to show how a natural disaster occurs. Me and my team decided to make a Stop Motion movie about how Tsunamis occur. I found this task challenging because we had to create our own little city out of Lego's and it took us a long time. One thing that I enjoyed about this task was building the base plate because at the end it looked like a city and the Sky Tower Star built looked very accurate.


I had a great time making our movie because it was one of the first times me and Star worked together. One thing that I think me and Star worked well on was communicating with each other because we both shared our opinions with each other when we think we needed to change something. I would definitely make Stop Motion videos again because at the end it looks like they just recorded Lego's. One thing that I found challenging making this video was trying to make things fall down slowly because the Blu-Tack wasn't sticking. Another thing that I found challenging was trying to move the props slowly otherwise they would have made a huge move in the movie. One tip that I have for you if your going to make a stop motion movie is to be very patient and to make small movements because they will look like how you move in real life.


Today we also had the opportunity to go to the Loading dock at the Museum and see a real life giant squid. The Giant Squid that we saw was frozen for 2 months and they were defrosting it so they could dissect it. It was my first time seeing a Giant Squid and we also had the chance to sk a few questions to the Scientists. One thing I learnt about Giant Squids is that the have Blue blood instead of Red. I also learnt that Giant Squids have 3 hearts which are found in the Mantle. I asked the scientist of this was her first time dissecting a Giant Squid and she told me that she has actually dissected 30 Giant Squids in her career. The only bad part about seeing the Giant Squid was that it smelt a lot like Rotten Fish.
Question: Have you ever made a Stop Motion movie?





No comments:

Post a Comment