Pages

Wednesday 8 August 2018

Geology and Natural Disasters

Geology and Natural Disasters.
IALT: Reflect on my learning about the layers of the Earth.
This Term our inquiry focus is natural disasters. We have been learning about the layers of the Earth. Did you know that there are four different layers of the Earth such as the Crust, Mantle, Outer Core and Inner Core. Our task was to finish a presentation about the different layers of the earth and the understanding the different tectonic plate boundaries. 

Image result for layers of the earth

I really enjoyed filling out this presentation because I learnt about the two different types of Crusts. I also enjoyed learning about the four different movements of the tectonic plates. One thing that I found challenging was trying to spell some of the different minerals that are found in the layers of the earth. Some of the minerals that are found are Magnesium, Sulphur, Molten Iron and Aluminum. 
Image result for magnesium
I think that my next steps are to find what the associated features mean when it comes to understanding the plate boundary.  One plate boundary that I find very interesting is the convergent plate boundary.  I find this interesting because a convergent plate boundary happens when two tectonic plates are pushed towards each other, but one of them goes underneath the other. One question that I still have is what happens to the tectonic plate that goes underneath the other plate when it comes to a convergent boundary.
Question: What plate boundary do you find interesting the most?

Image result for convergent boundary

No comments:

Post a Comment