Pages

Monday 30 July 2018

🌺 Cook Island Language Week 🌺

🌺 Cook Island Language Week πŸŒΊ
IALH: To have a basic conversation in the Cook Island Maori language.
Image result for talking
This week it is Cook Island language week and we had our first lesson. We watched a video that taught us how to say hello, how are you, fine thank you and how about you. I really enjoyed this class because I don't really know a lot about the Cook Island culture. One thing that I really enjoyed was learning how to say how are you because it was very easy for me to pronounce, since it was similar to the Maori language. One of the words that I found really challenging was saying fine thank you because it looks easy to pronounce but it's not as easy to say. I think that my next steps are to start practicing saying the words so I can pronounce it better. I think that I could achieve this goal by starting a basic conversation with my peers during this week. Something that i'm looking forward to do this week is our movie about the greetings.

Here is how to start a conversation
Kia Orana: Hello
Pe'ea Koe: How are you?
Meitaki au: Fine thank you
Akape'ea koe: How about you?

Fun Fact: The 15 Stars on the flag represents the 15 Islands.
Question: What do you know about the Cook Islands?
Image result for cook island flag

No comments:

Post a Comment