Pages

Monday 23 July 2018

πŸŒͺ️ Natural Disasters πŸŒͺ️

πŸŒͺ️ Natural Disasters πŸŒͺ️
Image result for tsunami
A picture of a Tsunami
This Term our Inquiry focus is Natural Disasters. Today we had our first Inquiry lesson. The first thing that we did was list some natural disasters and we listed things like Earthquakes, Tsunamis and Floods. One Natural disaster that I haven't heard of before is Sinkholes. We did a Bus Stop task where we were put into a group and we wrote down what we knew about the Natural Disaster. Since not many of the students knew what some of the disasters looked like Miss Komor played short videos of natural disasters before we changed over. One of the videos that I found to be very interesting was Sinkholes because there was a video of these cars sitting in a building and then the ground just broke open into a giant hole and the cars fell in. One natural disaster that I found challenging to answer was Heat waves because I didn't really know what the were. I think that my next steps are to do a little research about Heat waves and how  they can occur.


Question: Can you explain how a Natural Disaster occurs? 
IALT: Reflect on my learning about Natural Disasters.


Image result for sinkholes
A picture of a Sinkhole

No comments:

Post a Comment